Google
 

Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Bowflexin'




So since switching jobs I haven't had much time to go to the gym. Paying $80/mo. @ Equinox didn't seem like a worthwhile investment so this weekend I visited Sports Authority to get some gear.


Long story short, I went with the Bowflex Selecttech 552 dumbbells. The major appeal being a compact, multi-weight option that saves space and is easily interchangeable. I pondered getting plated weights but the spinlock never seems to stay locked and its a bit cumbersome to change weights. Other options were similar Bowflex-style quick changing weights, but none of the options had the same quality as the Bowflex ones. In the end paid $399 for the weights + tax, but I also got the "free" stand thrown in. Some possible worries however is the quality as the salesperson tried hawking the 2 year extended warranty because of problems with the spinlocks...


Seeing that I also needed a bench I went with the Bowflex 3.1 Bench. Kinda regretting this pick up as I could've probably gotten a cheaper bench for about the same price, I just kept it within the Bowflex family. O wells.

A review to follow after I put together the bench and start workin it out.

One Love,
Look

No comments: